Isaac's top teeth have been loose for such a long time, but, unlike his bottom teeth, he wasn't very anxious to get them out. Believe me, we offered to help him many, many, times, but he always politely refused! Well, one night Chris was flossing his teeth and noticed that it was really hanging on by just a thread. He held him down and pulled it out. I heard tears and commotion, so I went to the bathroom to see what was going on. There was Isaac, two seconds after he had been crying and pleading for mercy, looking in the mirror and giggling.
The next day, Chris was sitting at the table eating chips. Isaac asked him for one. Chris looked him over and said, "let me pull out your other tooth, and you can have some". Isaac said no, but just sat across the table staring longingly at the chips. Finally, after about five minutes of sitting there in silence, Chris heard a meek little voice saying "OK Daddy". He went right to work. I was upstairs at the time getting Jason and Adam ready for bed, and getting more and more frustrated with Isaac for not coming upstairs when I called him (about 5 different times). They finally made an appearance, with an air of mystery about them. Chris had something in his hand, and Isaac had a great big grin on his face! It took me a second before I noticed the giant gap, but when I finally did, they just started laughing. So, he finally did it. Isaac lost his two front teeth just in time for Christmas. If you happened to have seen him before the big day and tried to sing the "All I want for Christmas" song to him though, you would have been met with a groan and a myriad of eye rolls.
Here is our toothless 6 year old!
You should all just be used to how long it takes for me to update my blog page- I should be posting Christmas pictures, not decorating for Christmas pictures! This is Chris, putting up our Christmas tree the first time (we had a few complications, it's a long story).
When we pull out our holiday boxes, the first thing the boys go for are our books. I love that they love to read so much!
Family Christmas pictures in front of the tree.
The boys.
After so much crazy weather, we finally have snow in Logan. It has been great for the boys, not so great for Chris. We have never really had to shovel before, I suppose that along with the joys of home ownership come a few unwanted chores. Isaac didn't get any snow clothes until Christmas, but, Adam and Jason have been little die-hards this year. They will go out and stay out for hours, just playing and having fun! One night, Jason even outlasted Adam, staying outside by himself playing until it got dark and I made him come in!

4 comments:
What cute boys! Congratulations Isaac! What an accomplishment! Drinking through a straw and slurping spaghetti with no top teeth is one of the coolest things according to Blake! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Okay, so it took me a while to catch on to the "16, just about 18 grandkids" comment on your previous post until I got your Christmas card! It takes us Wyomingites a little longer to get that kind of great news! Congratulations! Having 3 kids is difficult, but I've decided that you just never resurface with 4! However, Monica, you are a lot more organized than me, so you'll do great! They'll keep you super busy, but you won't want to change it for the world!
uhhh, what is she talking about? I remember our first year in our house, ok, last year, well Greg shoveled every single time we got any snow. I think it was a pride of ownership type of thing. this year he hates at and cries everytime he has to do it and his back hurts...waaahhh
Love Isaac's toothy grin!
I love your family picture. It's so darn cute.
Jackie
Your boys are so handsome! I love Isaac's toothless smile! So cute.
Post a Comment