Saturday, May 26, 2012

Last day in the hospital

It is amazing how fast the time in the hospital flies!  I love being in the hospital (I know, I'm weird).  I love the uninterrupted time with my baby.  I love spending all day holding her, staring at her, playing with her, snuggling her,  and resting without feeling like I need to get anything done.  I also love having Chris there and being able to hang out with him.  I love watching him with our babies- he is so sweet with them!  But, after 4 days we were ready to go home.
 
 

When we got home, Alisha was having a picnic with the boys out on the lawn.  They all came running up to the car to see the baby.  We didn't put a name on her birth certificate until that morning, so, the first question they asked us was what her name was.  When we told them we had picked Cora, they were all excited.  It was a name that we all liked, but, it wasn't on the final list of names that we took to the hospital.  I loved the name Lydia and also Elena, but, when I looked at her the name Cora just kept coming to mind.  It seemed to fit her perfectly, and now I just love it.
 
 
 
 
 
 

The boys just wanted to take turns holding her all day.  They loved having her home, and, I think Lucas loved having his mom home.
I am so grateful for amazing family- Kimberly, Stephanie, Alisha, and everyone else for taking care of our kids so that Chris could be with me in the hospital.  He helps me so much, I don't know what I would do without him.  I also know how much he enjoys spending those first few days with the baby, so, it means a lot to him as well to be able to stay with me. 
Thank you and we love you!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: