Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dance Festival

My cousin invited us to go visit her for a weekend during a dance festival that they do every year and that her son was participating in.  I have to admit that at first I had my reservations.  I knew that I would like it, but, I wasn't sure how thrilled the boys would be about going.  Fortunately for us all, the performers were great.  Their dances were really entertaining, especially Egypt's.  They gave all of the kids autograph books and let them go around and get them signed by the dancers after they were finished, so the kids thought that they were meeting famous people which was a bonus.  Some of the groups even let them participate.  
Here is Isaac with the dancers from China.  He loved them the most because his Uncle Spencer has spent some time there.  They let him try this thing out.  It is a type of cloth that they spin on their fingers.  It was actually kind of hard, but, he worked on it until he had it mastered.  The dancers all had fun cheering him on.

By the end of the day, Adam and Jason were done.  They fell asleep in the middle of the floor.

Lucas and Isaiah
Lucas's fair  hair and blue eyes attracted a lot of attention.  People kept wanting to take their picture with him.  Luckily for them, he was in a pretty good mood!
The dancers thought it was funny that the boys were asleep.  They all laid down and pretended like they were sleeping too, but, my battery died and I missed the picture.

No comments: